Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yeah, It's a Picture of a Hairy Guy.

Firstly, the remake of The Wolfman looks damn cool. This cool, in fact:



Secondly, 30 Days of Night would seem to be quite good. Pallette and general tone remind me of John Carpenter back when he was good. Characters seem slightly more than 2-dimensional, which is not bad for a horror movie in which everyone is almost certain to die. It even has Dracula references (there's a Renfield character) that do not suck. The vampire designs are original and compelling. So far, so good.

Imagine the noise of a comedy slide whistle. I can't believe anyone can listen to this shit and lap it up. The worst thing about this pretty damn shitty administration is that they have categorically proved that you can simply tell a great many people what you want them to believe, and they will believe it.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm kind of wishing I'd watched it on the flight now. It probably would've been a damn sight more compelling than Lust, Caution. Heavy drama and air travel don't mix so well...

hjdoom said...

I like the promo shot for the wolfman. Also I really quite enjoyed 30 Days of Night. It's simple enough but it has a very engaging setting and design.

Dave said...

I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I missed the other very obvious Dracula reference - the vampires arriving in a huge fucking black ship. Oh well, I was quite sleepy.